Third Monday of the Month Republican get togethers. See below for a description of the next event on November 20, and other details on our third Monday meetings
Concealed Carry -- Protecting Yourself in the Face of Changing Laws -- Nov 30
Lake County Republicans are sponsoring Brendyn Scouton to speak on Concealed Carry at Beaver Bay Community Center, November 30, 7:00 pm. Brendyn will be accompanied by Craig Guntederger, a "Travel Instructor" certified to travel to a location to provide Concealed Carry Permit training. If you are interested in obtaining your concealed carry permit, you should attend because if there is sufficient interest in his doing so, Craig will conduct concealed carry training in Beaver Bay.
We meet the third Monday of each month at 7PM. The reason is the meeting of the Executive Committee of the Lake County Republlicans, but all Lake County Republicans are invited. The business aspect will be kept light, and the occaision will be either social, political on some topic, or both. Our plan is to alternate each month between the Two Harbors and the Silver Bay/Beaver Bay areas. The Two Harbors socials will be held at Burlington Station on Highway 61 and the Silver Bay/Beaver Bay socials will be held at the Beaver Bay Community Center on highway 61 in Beaver Bay. There will be free coffee at each, free ice cream (1 scoop of the real stuff) at Two Harbors and free pie and bars at the BBCC.
Here is the schedule for the Third Monday of the Month for the remainder of 2023:
- November 20th, 7pm -- Ice cream social featuring Char Gaskjen, Deputy Chair 8th Congressional District. Burlington Station, 320 7th Avenue, Two Harbors. Char will speak to us regarding the importance of doing something that Republicans have traditionally disliked -- voting early! Char will explain why we need to change our ways in order to compete in 2024. Char will also be bringing a representative of the Pete Stauber campaign with her to answer questions.
- December 18th, 7pm -- Third Monday meeting will be on Hiatus in December for the Christmas and new year holidays. See below for January Third Monday meeting.
Coming Winter 2024
Third Monday of the Month Meeting
- January 15, 7pm -- MLK day, discuss why Republicans are more in tune with Dr. King's dream than are Democrats. Burlington Station, 320 7th Avenue, Two Harbors.
- February 19, 7pm -- Topic TBD Beaver Bay Community Center, 711 McDonald Avenue, Beaver Bay
- March 18, 7pm -- Topic TBD Burlington Station, 320 7th Ave,Two Harbors
Republican Precinct Caucuses, Tuesday, February 27 @ 7 PM:
- Eastern Lake County (Silver Bay, Beaver Bay, Finland, Isabella) -- Mary Macdonald Business Center, 99 Edison Blvd, Silver Bay
- Western Lake County (Two Harbors, Knife Riv, Brimson) -- Two Harbors Community Center, 417 South Avenue, Two Harbors
- Northern Lake County (Ely, specifically Fall Lake Township) -- To be held in conjunction with St. Louis County. Details announced later. Will probably be in Ely.
Republican Convention for Lake County BPOU (Basic Political Origination Unit), Saturday, March 9th, 2024 @10AM, Beaver Bay Community Center.
Delegates elected at Precinct Caucuses meet to vote for Lake County Republican delegates to Congressional District and State Conventions, propose platform resolutions, and may also endorse candidates. Sitting legislators are often invited. Visitors welcome, but only delegates elected at precinct caucus can vote.